Pin It
Thursday 14th December 2017,
Hope for Nigeria

No Mass Grave In Baga – Defense Headquarters.

No Mass Grave in Baga

The high powered delegation of Senior military officers sent by the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) to assess the recent operation in Baga, Borno state, said on Friday that there was no mass grave in the area.

Brig.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, Director of Defence Information, who is part of the seven-member delegation, announced this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in a telephone interview. Olukolade said normal life and business activities had returned to Baga, following the routing out of the Boko Haram terrorists from their base by the Multinational Task Force.

Olukolade said among other things that, the team found that there was no mass grave in Baga as it had been alleged.

The defence headquarters sent the delegation, led by Maj.-Gen. Lawrence Ngubani, the Chief of Training and Operations, to assess the Baga operation.

The DHQ said the troops on routine patrol in Baga, Malam Garati Road, had an encounter with some members of the Boko Haram at about 7.30 p.m. on April 16. It said during the encounter, one soldier was killed and five others injured. It further stated that 30 Boko Haram terrorists died, five were arrested and many escaped with bullet wounds during the operation.

The task force said that unfortunately, 6 civilians lost their lives and 10 others were injured in the crossfire.

loading…

Sign Up to Get Regular News Articles & Updates
An Opportunity for Regular Information Straight to Your INBOX

Simply enter your full name and email address below

Like this Article? Share it!

Leave A Response

Loading...
<>
loading...
<>