Monday 24th July 2017,
Hope for Nigeria

Presidency Releases Shocking Findings On The Owner Of The $43 Million Ikoyi Loot

Presidency Releases Shocking Findings On The Owner Of The $43 Million Ikoyi Loot

 $43 Million Ikoyi Loot – All eyes are still on the Transportation Minister, Rotimi Amaechi, as the Presidency has debunked the claim by the suspended Director-General, DG, of the National Intelligence Agency, NIA, Ayo Oke, that the National Security Adviser, NSA, Babagana Monguno, was aware of the $43.4 million, stashed away at a private apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos.

A government official disclosed on Saturday, that in the first instance: “Oke did not brief the NSA at all, about the existence of such funds -$289M- or the projects they were meant for, when the Buhari administration took office, in May 2015, even though the money had been released in March, the same year.”

The official stated: “The NSA office only got its first knowledge of the existence of such funds, during the work of the Presidential Committee that audited the Defense Equipment Procurement in the Armed Forces. The Committee had observed certain payments from the CBN to the NIA, and raised questions drawing the attention of the NSA.

Presidency Releases Shocking Findings On The Owner Of The $43 Million Ikoyi Loot

“When the suspended DG of the NIA discovered that that Committee was raising questions, and to forestall the NSA from “blowing the cover”, he then gave his first report to the NSA on the existence of such funds, and warned that the Committee’s job does not cover the activities or the spending of the NIA.

“The Presidential Committee on Audit of Defense Equipment Procurement, in the course of its assignment came across information that the NIA received a huge sum of money in early 2015 from the former President. Based on this the NSA carried out a preliminary investigation during which the NIA claimed the money was released for some projects aimed at commencing the Agency’s 30th anniversary.This was in January 2017.”

Saraki Threatens To Resign As Senate President Next Week

“Subsequently, a team was constituted” to ascertain the situation. The first suspicion of a potential abuse was noticed at this stage, according to sources, especially considering the amount of money involved and the purposes stated.

“This was how the NSA and the Presidency learnt of the existence of such funds. We were not told by anyone in NIA until the Committee saw something, and raised a red flag. However, when the embattled NIA top spy was now compelled to explain what was happening, “he still did not inform anyone in the Federal Government or presidency that he kept $43m of the said funds in cash at a private apartment anywhere in Lagos or any part of the country.”

loading…

Sign Up to Get Regular News Articles & Updates
An Opportunity for Regular Information Straight to Your INBOX

Simply enter your full name and email address below

Like this Article? Share it!

1 Comment

  1. Jonathan Ainabe May 1, 2017 at 11:34 am

    It is rather unfortunate for a great country like Nigeria to be reduced to such foolishness, a country where over 170 million citizens are starving yet a few individuals are busy peddling falsehood on money that belongs to these starving population. Where is our conscience? It is time for all Nigerians both home and in diaspora should unite to put an end to this thing about recycling these brain dead politicians who can not truly comprehend it is good to look after their citizens rather than look after foreign treasuries where all these stolen money finally end up. Fellow Nigerians please wake up, let come together and put an end to these dead woods from loathing our treasury.

Leave A Response

Loading...
<>
loading...
<>