In this page, you will find one of the Nigerian recipes that the whole family will love – Jollof Spaghetti .
Just like Jollof rice recipe, Jollof Spaghetti is also a traditional Nigerian food prepared the same way. It is prepared by cooking spaghetti with seasoned tomato sauce.
- 200 g Spaghetti
- 1/2 tbsp. Garlic, grated
- dash Thyme
- dash Curry
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 c Tomato paste
- 2 Seasoning cubes
- 1/2 c Vegetable Oil
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Onion, diced
- 10 Tomatoes, chopped or blended
- 500 g Preferred meat – chicken, pork, goat meat or fish
- 1 tbsp. Ginger, grated
- Put the meat in a pot and season with the pepper, onion, ginger, garlic ,curry, thyme, 1 seasoning cube and salt
- Place the pot on heat and cook till the chicken in soft
- Take out the chicken and fry or roast
- Boil water and pour into the pot of dry spaghetti and cook for 5 minutes
- Drain out the water and set the spaghetti aside
- Place another pot on heat, pour in the vegetable oil and fry the blended tomatoes with the puree for about 4 minutes the set aside
- Put a separate pot on heat, pour in the drained spaghetti, the chicken stock and the fried tomato sauce and stir properly.
- Allow to cook on medium heat until every ingredient is incorporated together
- Add salt to taste
Due to the diversity of Nigerian food recipes, we have various ways of preparing one staple food. Usually, it is common in Nigeria to hear Nigerian foods like Fried Rice, Jollof Spaghetti or Jollof Rice.
So here we are, preparing one of the Nigerian dishes that will blow your taste buds and will make your stay enjoyable in Nigeria if you are a foreigner.