Pin It
Saturday 23rd March 2019,
Hope for Nigeria

Fire guts Access Bank in Ikotun [PHOTOS]

Access Bank

Fire on Tuesday gutted ATM gallery of Ikotun branch of Access Bank.

It was learnt that the fire sparked off around 4 pm from a faulty air conditioner at the gallery, which spread through the hallway.

 

Access Bank

 

The fire, which reportedly raged for about three hours was put out by officials of the Lagos State Fire Service who responded immediately to the bank.

The fire service director, Mr Rasaq Fadipe, confirming the incident, said the gallery was heavily smoke-logged when they arrived.

He said two fire trucks deployed in the area prevented the fire from spreading to the other parts of the bank.

“The fire affected the batteries and inverters of the ATMs, numbering about six.

 

Access Bank

 

“The place was heavily smoke-logged and we had to use a forklift and other apparatus to gain access to put out the fire. The batteries are about 200 voltages each.”

An official of Access Bank, who pleaded anonymity said the fire emanated from a malfunctioning AC in the gallery.

“The fire affected only the ATM gallery. One of the ACs in the gallery malfunctioned and caught fire.

“I don’t have details yet, but everything has been brought under control,” the official said.

 

Maina: How Oyo-Ita’s leaked memo exposed Buhari – PDP

 

If you enjoyed this article FEEL Free to TIP Hope for Nigeria Online:


Any Amount Welcome 🙂


Paypal: Paypal.me/hopefornigeria


Do you have story and would like it to be published on Hope for Nigeria? or want to Place Adverts on the Website, If yes email us at moyo@hopefornigeriaonline.com

Sign Up to Get Regular News Articles & Updates
An Opportunity for Regular Information Straight to Your INBOX

Simply enter your full name and email address below

Like this Article? Share it!

Leave A Response