As we celebrate another Christmas, we thank God for all His mercies towards us as individuals and as a State.
2. The significance of Christmas is that it reminds us of the birth of Jesus Christ, who came to the world for love and peace. That lesson of love and peace translates into the brotherhood of man, a cardinal requirement for stability and progress all over the world.
3. That Jesus Christ, whose birth we thus celebrate, was obedient to the end, sacrificed himself to save mankind and demonstrated true and transparent humility in leadership, should teach us enduring lessons in moderation, obedience and self–denial.
4. I, therefore, call on all Deltans to renew their faith in God and their love for the State and its people as we relish the Christmas festivities.
5. Christmas is a time for love and peace. As we celebrate this Christmas, I urge all Deltans across the broad religious spectrum, to keep the peace in the State to facilitate rapid and sustainable socio–economic development.
6. Christmas is also a time of healing. Let us take steps to bring about reconciliation and healing among ourselves, our families, groups and dear State. The prevailing peace in the State is positively yielding enduring dividends as several investors are already on their way to the State.
7. We have to stay the course by avoiding needless intrigues, undue radicalism and anything that leads to endless pursuit of narrow and self–serving ends, including all acts that create the impression of tension where none exists.
8. On behalf of myself, my family and the government of Delta State, I wish all our people a most wonderful Christmas celebration. May the joy and peace of Christmas dwell with us.
Dr. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan,
Governor, Delta State